Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Social Wallpapering?

I can understand the desire to start a social web site that offers a neat service or tool, and make money while doing so. It is something that interests me.

I would consider "social web" to be more of a "Web 2.0" label. Forums, communities, and sharing sites of "Web 1.0" are by no means out dated now. When I think of a forum or sharing site from "Web 1.0" I think more of the term "community" and when I think of Facebook, MySpace or Flickr I think "Web 2.0" and "Social Web."

So when I discovered "Social Wallpapering" I got confused. It seems that it will be a wallpaper like
stock.xchng and Caedes. Despite the logo, Ajax buttons, and underdeveloped state, I refuse to call this social web. Its also hard to take this site seriously since currently the wallpapers are going up with no guarantee that the submitter has the rights to that artwork, mainly becuase this "community" site doesn't even have the user registration set up yet.

No comments: